Quote of the Week

“There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It is like falling in love.”

Christopher Morley, Pipefuls

Monday, March 24, 2014

Book Review: Mi Carino - Risky Love (Mi Carino # 1) by Sienna Mynx

Genre: Adult Romance Series
Publisher: Divas Pen LLC
Publication Date: Febuary 12, 2012
Links: Amazon Goodreads

Star Rating:
 
There is no end.
There is no beginning.
There is only passion and all those sinful naughty feelings caught in between.

He's not the man she thinks he is. However, Marcella Garcia is willing to take a chance. Why? Her new lover desires take her on a passionate and sexual awakening beyond her dreams. Marcella initially convinces herself that sex with no strings is enough. It's a gamble. When her desires bloom to love the risk becomes a costly mistake. 
Warning: Explicit Sex, Language, and Graphic Violence

My Overall Impression of the Book:

I bought this book on a whim. I was interested in reading an interracial romance and this book had good reviews so I decided to give it chance. The book had a decent plot, interesting characters, and a different type of love story, but it was unremarkable. I didn't hate this book, but I didn't love it either. Of course the story ended on a cliffhanger, but I am in no hurry to read the second book in the series. I rarely get a Saturday afternoon that I can dedicate to reading a book and I regret choosing making this book. I feel cheated in a sense. Diego has an interesting back story and he and Marissa had some from steamy love scenes that would make you blush, this book was average at best. The story centers on Marcella, a beautiful and talented antique seller who is getting over a broken heart from her former boyfriend. She meets arrogant, powerful, bad boy Diego Andres and sparks fly.

Characters:

Marcella – I actually liked Marcella but I did not love her. I did love how she stood up to Diego especially during their first real encounter. A man like Diego is use to getting his way and Marcella put him in his place quite a few times, I love that in a heroine. I actually sympathized with her character. When it came to love, she always seemed to get the short end of the stick, but I just could not connect with her. I understood her emotions but I did not feel them, the writing was too surface. I don’t understand how she did not see that the relationship she had with Diego was completely unhealthy.

Diego – The jury is still out on Diego. I am sure most women who read this book will dislike him, he was a complete jerk, but he could also be sweet and attentive. This couple did not know how to handle the amount of passion they ignited in one another. Diego had some serious emotional issues and did not know how to process emotion in a healthy way. He gave Marcella so much pain and despair the story and did not show any redeeming qualities until the very end, which was not nearly enough.

I am not sure if this story is capable of a HEA, it’s a little disturbing. These two finding their way back to each may be the death of both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment