Quote of the Week

“There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It is like falling in love.”

Christopher Morley, Pipefuls

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Book Review: Origin (Lux #4) by Jennifer Armentrout

Genre: Young Adult Paranormal Romance Series
Publisher:  Entangled: Teen (August 27, 2013)
Publication Date: August 27, 2013
LinksGoodreads Amazon

 
Daemon will do anything to get Katy back.

After the successful but disastrous raid on Mount Weather, he’s facing the impossible. Katy is gone. Taken. Everything becomes about finding her. Taking out anyone who stands in his way? Done. Burning down the whole world to save her? Gladly. Exposing his alien race to the world? With pleasure.

All Katy can do is survive.

Surrounded by enemies, the only way she can come out of this is to adapt. After all, there are sides of Daedalus that don’t seem entirely crazy, but the group’s goals are frightening and the truths they speak even more disturbing. Who are the real bad guys? Daedalus? Mankind? Or the Luxen?

Together, they can face anything.

But the most dangerous foe has been there all along, and when the truths are exposed and the lies come crumbling down, which side will Daemon and Katy be standing on?

And will they even be together?

My Overall Impression of the Book:

Oh Jennifer…you are still amazing.  What can I say about this book?  I liked this book but I did not love it.  It was missing something.  This book did not evoke the same emotion as the first three books in the series did.  If I do not want to want to throw my Kindle across the room at least twice while reading a book, you have failed :-).  I did like the innocent intimacy between Kate and Daemon…who is still awesome by the way!!  This book also had a lot of surprises that I appreciate in this series.  The Origins…now that was a very creative and interesting way to breathe life into the series, keeping things fresh.  One thing I love about the Lux series is that when think you have things figured out, there is always something lurking around the corner!!   This is one of my favorite YA Paranormal Series by far.  I can’t wait for the final book.

Characters
 
Daemon – Love him still!!  There is something about that sexy green eyed alien that makes my toes curl :-).  In this book you get to see a very different side of Daemon.  Don’t get me wrong he is still a jerk and he is still awesome, but he is also very much in love…and you can see this in every action that he makes.  He will do anything, say anything, and destroy anything for Katy.  He was a man on a mission from page one, but this mission is only the beginning.  I can’t wait to see if his love for Katy is strong enough for him to do what’s right in the next book.

Katy – I liked Katy in this book, which is a change from the last book.  In the last book Katy left me royally pissed off, but I think she redeemed herself in this book.  At the end of the day they are all teenagers who are dealing with bad situations, so sometimes there is no right answer.  Her whole life has changed in a matter of a year and she is trying to deal with that.   Can’t wait until the next book to see the kind of woman Katy becomes.  She has some hard choices ahead of her.

Plot and Writing
 
The writing is great as usual.  Ms. Armentrout is a professional.  This is the 4th installment of the Lux series.  Jennifer has done an excellent job progressing the storyline.  Each book adds something new and fresh about the world of the Lux.   This story was all about sacrifice.  Everyone that was a part of this story sacrificed something for someone else and, I think that was one of the best parts of the book.  The book was also action packed and fast paced.  Yet again we are left with a cliffhanger, but this cliffhanger was not as devastating to me as the last one, but it is still very intense.  I look forward to the final book in the series and the resolution of the Lux and the Origins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment