Quote of the Week

“There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It is like falling in love.”

Christopher Morley, Pipefuls

Friday, October 25, 2013

Book Review: Easy by Tammara Webber


Genre: New Adult Romance
Publisher:  Berkley
Publication Date: October 9, 2012
LinksAmazon   Goodreads
 
 
Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn’t easy…


He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior…


The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.


Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth—and find the unexpected power of love.


A groundbreaking novel in the New Adult genre, Easy faces one girl's struggle to regain the trust she's lost, find the inner strength to fight back against an attacker, and accept the peace she finds in the arms of a secretive boy.

My Overall Impression of the Book:

This is the first book I’ve had the pleasure of reading from Tammara Webber, and it will not be the last.  Easy was an exceptional book. I've read many books over the years and this is one of my favorites. The writing and the flow of the story was remarkable and the author kept me engaged during the whole story.  Reading this book gave me a sense of contentment that I have not felt after reading a book in awhile.  This is one of those books that grabs you in the very beginning and never lets you go.

The overall story was powerful because it meant something. They are so many people both young and old that can relate to the situations that happened in this book. The book was empowering and I would suggest it not only to the New Adult crowd, but to anyone. Anyone who is young going off to college or the military should read this book.  The book centers on Jacqueline Wallace who follows her long time boyfriend Kennedy to college only to find out that everything that glitters is not gold, and basing your decisions in life on another person may not be the best idea. 

Caution:  This book deals with sexual assault in a very tasteful manner.  


Lastly, there will not be a sequel to this book.  I am usually disappointed when I love a book and there is not a sequel, but the story is so strong and meaningful that a sequel is not needed and I respect the author’s decision completely.  The plot and writing in this book was spot on.  
 
Characters
 
LucusWas the hero and I loved him. I thought I would not find a hero I loved more than Christen Grey and I was so wrong. Lucas was a protector and so selfless. He was such a great character. He was not over powering like a lot of heroes, but he was able to get his point across. He was so caring and attentive but not sappy and annoying. He was wonderful and his back story was so interesting and heartbreaking.
 
Jackie – Is a heroine I really love.  She was not weak (and not a freaking virgin thank goodness :-).  Not that I have anything against virgins, but there are far too many books focused on “innocent virgin” college girls.  She was a strong woman and I loved how she evolved during the story. That is so true of anyone who goes through a break-up with someone they adored for a long period of time.  I loved how she finally realized who she was as a woman, and how she fought for her happiness with Lucas. Usually the hero is doing all the chasing in love stories, but in this story they chased each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment