Quote of the Week

“There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It is like falling in love.”

Christopher Morley, Pipefuls

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Book Review: Opal (Lux Series #3) by Jennifer Armentrout


Genre: Young Adult Paranormal Romance Series
Publisher:  Entangled: Teen (August 27, 2013)
Publication Date: December 3, 2012
Star Rating:  4/5
LinksGoodreads  Amazon
No one is like Daemon Black.

When he set out to prove his feelings for me, he wasn’t fooling around. Doubting him isn’t something I’ll do again, and now that we’ve made it through the rough patches, well... There’s a lot of spontaneous combustion going on.

But even he can’t protect his family from the danger of trying to free those they love.

After everything, I’m no longer the same Katy. I’m different... And I’m not sure what that will mean in the end. When each step we take in discovering the truth puts us in the path of the secret organization responsible for torturing and testing hybrids, the more I realize there is no end to what I’m capable. The death of someone close still lingers, help comes from the most unlikely source, and friends will become the deadliest of enemies, but we won’t turn back.  Even if the outcome will shatter our worlds forever.

Together we’re stronger... and they know it.
 
My Overall Impression of the Book:

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!!!. Is this really how the book ended???  This is beyond unfair.  I would rather them take Dawson again then Kat (I know that sounds terrible). Oh Daemon, the love of my life.  Well after Christian Gray and Travis Maddox but I love you still.  He is so wonderful and romantic in this book.  I know this is a YA novel, but they could have included a little more spice between Daemon and Kate, but it was still good.  What a cliffhanger, and this is so unfair.  This book was the cliffhanger to end all cliffhangers.  Now I have to wait until April 2013 to reader the next book…REALLY!!  I’m going to have dive face first into another series so I will not lose my mind.  Which reminds me, this is the exact reason I usually wait until a series is complete before I start reading it.  I am a impatient woman…what can I say :-).  Opal was a great read and I cannot wait until Origin comes out.  By the way...I am a PNR psycho now because of these books.  Thank you Jennifer L. Armentrout for introducing me to this awesome genre!! And Blake you are beyond a freaking jerk!!

Characters:

Daemon – I love me some him :-).  He is still awesome and I love it.  You see a different side of Daemon with each book and I love that.  I love a characters that evolves.  You never get bored when you are reading about Daemon Black.

Katy – Pissed me off in this book.  Her decision making skills are flawed by the hundredth power.  I wanted to slap her at least twice, which means something if you can get that kind of emotion out of me…so good job Jennifer :-).  I blame Kat for the ending.  As usual she should have listened to Daemon.

Blake – He is a terrible person.  I can’t count how many times I wanted Daemon to just “end him”.  He was beyond a freaking jerk…

Plot and Writing:  The writing is great as usual.  Ms. Armentrout is a professional.  This is the 3th installment of the Lux series.  Jennifer has done an excellent job progressing the storyline.  Each book adds something new and fresh about the world of the Luxen.  This story was all about sacrifice.  You get more information about the Daedalus organization and the DoD’s role with the Luxen.  You also get introduced to Luc, who I think will be a key player in the rest of the series.  I can’t wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment