Quote of the Week

“There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It is like falling in love.”

Christopher Morley, Pipefuls

Friday, September 13, 2013

Book Series Review: Immoratals After Dark (IAD) by Kresely Cole

So this is another series that I previously read.  This is an on-going series.  I absolutely love this series so I decided to include it in my blog.  The series started back in 2011 and the latest book came out in July 2013.   There are currently 13 books in this series which includes the very first book which is a novella.  Below is the series synopsis. 

As I stated before I read this books previously, so I will include the synopsis and star rating for each book, but I did not complete a review for each book.  I do not want to write a review about a series I read six months ago.  If you have any questions about any of the books please leave me a comment or email me and I will be happy to answer any questions you have.  IAD books can be found under the Immortals After Dark label on the sidebar.


Genre: Adult Paranormal Romance
Publisher:  Pocket Books
Publication Date: November 22, 2011
Series Star Rating:  5/5
Series Links:
Goodreads  Amazon 
 
Series Synopsis:
The Immortals call their world The Lore.  They walk among us, but they war among themselves. Each faction has its strengths, weaknesses, and age old prejudices against the others. Every five hundred years, the Accession, a battle for supremacy, rages. That time is now. . . .

They all secretly exist alongside humans and enjoy the gift of immortality.  There are hundreds of different kinds: from Vampires to Lykae, from Furies to Shifters, from the Fey to Valkyries.  Every creature or being that was thought to be mythical . .  isn’t. 


Overall Series Plot and Writing
 
I love the plot of this book.  The events contained in the book series centers around the upcoming Accession, a war that happens in the Lore every 500 years.  There is no real reason that this war happens, its nature’s way of dwindling down the number of immortal beings in the world.  Some factions are alliances while others are enemies.  The beauty of this series is that most alliances are made through the love story of each book.  This book is as professionally written as it get.  Kresley Cole is a New York Times Best Selling author and very professional in her craft…so there are no typos or grammatical errors in this series…The plot is very strong and this series will keep you entertained for weeks-months…depending on how fact you read it ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment