Quote of the Week

“There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It is like falling in love.”

Christopher Morley, Pipefuls

Friday, September 13, 2013

Book Review: The Warlord Wants Forever (Immortals After Dark #1)



Genre: Adult Paranormal Romance
Publisher:  Pocket Books
Publication: Date: November 22, 2011
Star Rating:  5/5
Links: Goodreads Amazon


Nikolai Wroth, once a ruthless human warlord in the 1700s and now a general in the rebel vampire army, needs to find his bride, the one woman who can render him truly alive. As a turned human, he doesn't enjoy a heartbeat or breathing and is consequently weaker than fully blooded vampires. He wants his bride for the power she will bring him and can hardly believe it when his heart beats for Myst the Coveted, a mad, fey, mythological creature.

She eludes him for five years, but he has finally chased her to ground and stolen the jewel which commands her, giving him absolute power over her. While he possesses it, he can make her do anything, and he plans to in order for her to experience firsthand the agonizing, unending lust she'd purposely subjected him to for half a decade. Yet when Wroth realizes he wants more from her and frees her, will she come.

My Overall Impression of the Series:

Wow Wow Wow. I have to take a breath so I can write this review. Whomever suggested the Kresley Cole “Immortals After Dark Series,” on Goodreads, I pledge my undying love to you!!.  Very hot and steamy love scenes that will leave you breathless and looking for you man…ASAP!!

I recently ventured into the Paranormal Romance Genre over the last year or so. I did not see how far-fetched fantasy could be romantic…boy was I wrong!!  Nikolai Wroth is soooo yummy. Who knew that a Warlord Vampire could be so sexy:-).  Myst is my new favorite heroine. She is so full of life and I love it.

I love the whole concept of the story, and if anyone is interested in reading the series PLEASE start with this Novella.  This book gives you all the information you need about the Lore and all the immortal beings within it.   I was nervous that world would be overly complicated, but Ms. Cole has done an exceptional job in explaining the Lore and gives reminders about key point in other books. I have read this novella and the first three books in this series within a week. I have a full time job and a toddler…figure that one out…
This series is so addictive and I love every minute of it. You can never get bored with these characters. My new favorite author and my new favorite series!!

Characters:

Nikolai Wroth – Oh Nikolai…where are you been all my life you sexy Vampire Warlord…Worth was a Estonian Warlord turned vampire by King Kristoff.  He is a part of a new vampire faction called the Forbearers…which are a upcoming and little known Lore faction.  When people in the Lore think of vampires they think of the Horde which is a vicious vampire faction that all other factions despise.  He is a young vampire but when he sets his sights on Myst…she is in a world of trouble…in a very good way!! 

Myst the Coveted – She is one of my favorite heroines.  Myst was fierce and strong and did not take crap from anyone including Wroth :-).  I thought no other heroine would top her in this series but I was wrong…lol.  Just keep reading the books people…

The Valkyrie- The series centers around the Valkyrie, female warriors of the Lore.  They are old and very powerful and each faction will have to deal with them one way or another :-).  This faction is instrumental through the entire series.

Plot and Writing:  The plot was fantastic.  In this novella you get your first taste of the Lore and some of the immortal beings within it.  Worth is new to the Lore and he and his King have a lot to learn. They are hoping to get answers out of Myst…but they have another thing coming they think this wee fey Valkyrie will tell them anything…they have no idea who the Valkyrie are…or how powerful Myst and her sisters are…but they find out very early in the story.  Worth and Myst have instinct connection that Myst must deny…I mean he is in fact a vampire :-).  This book is smoking hot and full of action.  The writing is suburb…

No comments:

Post a Comment