Quote of the Week

“There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It is like falling in love.”

Christopher Morley, Pipefuls

Friday, September 13, 2013

Book Review: Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout


Genre: Young Adult (Paranormal Romance)
Publisher:  Entangled Teen
Publication Date: May 8, 2012
Star Rating:  5/5 
Synopsis

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.  And then he opened his mouth. 
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me. You heard me.  Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip.  The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.  If I don't kill him first, that is.
Overall Impression of the Book:
All I can say is WOW!! I enjoyed this book. I had no idea I even liked paranormal romance until now. Daemon was a jerk. I mean I disliked him but he was so witty and charming that I found myself smiling at him. I like Kathy and I loved Dee. This book is a must read. I bought Onyx the next day and read that book too. Yes it was that serious. After I realized why Daemon was such a jerk I really started to like him. I am in Graduate school with a ton of homework and I could not tear myself away from this book. Thank goodness Opal is not out until December or I might fail a course at school behind this series.
* This was a previous review posting from Goodreads
Characters:
Daemon – Is the hero in this story and who knew that aliens could be such jerks…and a sexy jerk at that :-).  He was a hero I loved to hate, but there is a method to his rudeness and horrible behavior that makes his character redeemable later in the story…and let’s not forget he is a hot powerful alien.  What’s not the love!!
Kathy – I really loved her character, and I loved how she stood up for herself.  She is also an avid reader and blogger so I love her even more...lol.  How she was thrown into the alien world was well done.  I cared about both the main and side characters in this book.  I love Dee to pieces...
Plot and Writing:  I loved the plot!!  The Luxen vs. the Arum; I mean who doesn’t love an alien war.  I was invested in this story and I desperately cared about the outcome.  Well done Jennifer!!  This book was an easy read like a YA Book should be.  The grammar in the book was fine and the book flowed very well.  There were no dead spaces and the paced moved well throughout the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment